Are you interested in seeking knowledge in other disciplines and helping VASTA build organizational linkages and enhance voice/speech practice? Through our VASTA VISION 2013 initiative of Transformational Engagement, The VASTA Engagement Committee (formerly the Outreach Committee) is offering grants to assist with the expenses of conference registration, travel and/or housing. Grants can range from $250 to $2,500.
How To Apply
Write a letter addressing the following:
• Your interest in the subject area
• How you anticipate the new knowledge will enhance your work
• How this connection to another discipline might ignite interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary exploration in our membership
• Why you think you’re a good candidate for the grant.
Include a thorough budget to the proposal (conference registration, travel, housing) with a clearly indicated final request amount and a reliable mailing address. If your proposal is selected, you may be asked to purchase VASTA merchandise (t-shirt), so please take this possible purchase into consideration and include the amount in your budget. This purchase will be reimbursed in your funding.
Send this letter to Julia Guichard at firstname.lastname@example.org who will send applications to the Engagement Committee.
The application deadline is six (6) weeks before the particular conference’s registration due date; however, funds are limited and the earlier in the year the application is received, the greater the chances for funding.
Awardees will be required to share their findings and experiences with the VASTA membership through a newsletter article, and a workshop, video, conference presentation or other appropriate presentation intended to build bridges between VASTA and other disciplines.
Funding is intended for full conference participation in areas outside of voice/speech training, not for individual workshop participation or certifications (refer to VASTA’s Dorothy Mennen Research/Development Award for these funding opportunities).
Conferences might include but are certainly not limited to the following disciplines and organizations:
· Medical and Voice Science (Society of Neuroscience, The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
· IPA (International Conference on Phonetic Science, Glasgow 2015)
· Somatic Disciplines
· Body-Mind Centering
· Arts and Athletes
· Institute of Coaching
· Arts and Civic Engagement (Network of Ensemble Theaters, Imaging America, Citizen University, Animating Democracy)
· Arts Leadership (The Center for Creative Leadership, The Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership, The Fetzer Institute)
· Arts Advocacy and Integration (SNAAP, A2RU, TCG, Americans for the Arts)