VASTA Mission Statement
VASTA is an international organization whose mission is to advance the art, research, and visibility of the voice and speech profession.
- SERVE the needs of voice and speech specialists, teachers, and students in training and in practice.
- ADVOCATE for those who work and study in the field.
- PROMOTE the vital role of voice and speech specialists for all professional voice users.
- BROADEN public understanding of the nature and importance of voice and speech use and training.
- CREATE opportunities for ongoing education, and the exchange of knowledge and information among professionals in the field.
- CULTIVATE diversity within our membership, and encourage a liveliness of thought and opinion.
- UPHOLD and advance excellence in voice and speech.
VASTA VISION 2014 - 2023
The Voice and Speech Trainers Association has had a long-standing commitment to advancing the field, professional development of its members, publishing, mentorship, diversity, advocacy, and international growth. While maintaining these on-going initiatives, the organization plans to use the following three charges to guide us as we move into the future.
- Share within our VASTA circle by increasing opportunities to learn from each other’s expertise, hear one another’s stories, open conversations, provide mentorship and nurture leaders.
- Expand outside our VASTA circle by creating initiatives to learn from other fields, invite new members in, and bring students to conferences.
- Engage with individuals and groups outside our field, offering our work to help empower their voices while opening ourselves to what we may learn in the exchange.