Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Conference Travel Scholarships:
(available to U.S./Canada residents only)
VASTA will offer:
Applicants need not be current VASTA members.
- One $1000 scholarship to an Early Career voice practitioner (adjuncts, lecturers, freelancers)
- One $500 scholarship to a current Graduate Student considering entering the voice and speech profession
- A waived conference fee per scholarship recipient
- One year free membership to VASTA per recipient
You are eligible for the VASTA Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Conference Travel Scholarship if
Applicants must submit the following: (Incomplete applications will not be considered).
- You identify as a member of an underrepresented group (including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, differently-abled, and/or gender identification).
- Have the financial need to travel to the conference.
- Have not attended more than one VASTA conference.
1) An application essay that addresses:
- How you identify as a member of an underrepresented group
- Your financial need to travel to the conference
- Your career goals
- How you hope to impact the field, your community, and VASTA by attending the conference.
2) A 2-page condensed C.V. (with current contact information)
3) Your Postal Service permanent mailing address and phone number
Applications will be reviewed and voted on by members of VASTA's EDI committee, in consultation with the Awards & Grants Committee. In the case of a tie, the Director of EDI will make a final decision. Scholarship recipients will be asked to write a post-conference article for the VASTA newsletter about their experience. Scholarship recipients will also be invited to serve on the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee.
Applications are due March 1, 2023. Recipients will be notified by mid-March 2023.