To modify this page, paste in the URL of the banner image. Get the banner image URL from clicking the clipboard icon in web graphics manager. Search for images in the "banner" category.
To modify the links on the right hand side, right click on the link and select "change link" from the popup context menu. The link will automatically format to have the arrow.
You may also use a submenu widget here instead of manual links.
To change the image in the gray row (beneath the text) right click on the image, and choose "change image" from the context menu.
All other text should be selected and retyped.
|Background Image URL
UPDATE: Due to the cancellation of VASTA's 2020 annual conference, this award is not being offered this year.
VASTA's EDI Committee is proud to announce the EDI Conference Travel Scholarship.
VASTA as an organization values the benefit of hearing the voices and ideas of a diverse group of practitioners. These scholarships aim to provide an opportunity for voice practitioners from underrepresented or historically marginalized populations in the U.S. or Canada to attend the VASTA Conference. This year the conference will be held in:
Sydney, Australia at the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA)- July 24-28, 2020.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Conference Travel Scholarships:
(available to U.S./Canada residents only)
VASTA will offer:
Applicants need not be current VASTA members.
- One $1000 scholarship to an Early Career voice practitioner (adjuncts, lecturers, freelancers)
- One $500 scholarship to a current Graduate Student considering entering the voice and speech profession
- A waived conference fee per scholarship recipient- (a $350 value)
- One year free membership to VASTA per recipient – (a $120 value)
You are eligible for the VASTA Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Conference Travel Scholarship if
Applicants must submit the following: (Incomplete applications will not be considered).
- You identify as a member of an underrepresented group (including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, differently-abled, and/or gender identification).
- Have the financial need to travel to the conference.
- Have not attended more than one VASTA conference.
1) An application essay that addresses:
- How you identify as a member of an underrepresented group
- Your financial need to travel to the conference
- Your career goals
- How you hope to impact the field, your community, and VASTA by attending the conference.
2) A 2-page condensed C.V. (with current contact information)
3) Your Postal Service permanent mailing address and phone number
Applications will be reviewed and voted on by members of VASTA's EDI committee, in consultation with the Awards & Grants Committee. In the case of a tie, the Director of EDI will make a final decision. Scholarship recipients will be asked to write a post-conference article for the VASTA newsletter about their experience. Scholarship recipients will also be invited to serve on the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee. Recipients will be notified by mid-April 2020.
Please Note: Please submit your materials in .doc or .pdf via the form by the March 15, 2020