Call for Proposals for MEMBER PRESENTATIONS
Proposal deadline: February 13, 2023
Twelve years after our first collaboration with CEUVOZ, VASTA returns to Mexico for our 23rd Annual Conference. The VASTA 2023 Conference will take place in charming La Paz, Baja California Sur, México, in collaboration with CEUVOZ and hosted by the Instituto Sudcaliforniano de Cultura. This will be CEUVOZ's 2nd International Voice Conference, and they will invite participants from across Mexico, as well as from every country in Iberoamérica.
We invite you to submit proposals for your contribution to this amazing international conversation. We will consider proposals for in-person papers, workshops, and panel discussions in La Paz, as well as proposals for asynchronous pre-recorded materials for virtual participation.
We invite you to submit proposals that refer to the theme of this year’s conference, and/or to your current areas of exploration, such as:
- Collaborations and dialogues across methodologies and theoretical frameworks
- Post-pandemic issues in the classroom/studio, with special reference to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and access
- Gender and power dynamics in the relationship between teacher/student and/or facilitator/clients
Suggestions for contributions might include:
- Panels and/or experiential workshops that explore the synergies between theory and practice
- Presentations by voice and speech trainers from across generations
- Roundtable discussions among four or five experts in private practice and/or vocal health
You may propose a full session (45 mins with 15 min Q&A) or a 15 min paper or experiential exercise to be presented along with other proposals. Collaboration is encouraged and sessions involving three or more presenters will be given preference. Fifteen-minute slots are especially recommended if you are a first-time presenter. If you are an experienced presenter, please consider teaming with newer members.
We will also consider proposals for 45-min warm-up sessions during the conference.
We have a limited number of opportunities for member presentations and the expertise and energy of our members is boundless. Once all proposals are in, the conference team will work to shape the schedule to offer the opportunity to present to as many members as possible.
All proposals must be received by February 13, 2023.
You will be notified by February 27, 2023 if your proposal has been accepted.